Chocolate is amazing. It is the most popular sweet on the planet and with reason. It fills a special niche that is creamy, has some snap but still melty and amazing. I love chocolate and the first time I was on Keto I was mortified at the idea of giving it up, not realizing there was SO MANY options. I feel like there are a lot of others in that same boat.
You know what I loved most? Reese’s cups. Man I missed them. They are so perfectly simple and yet made me smile. That sweet and almost chalky at times peanut butter and that sweet chocolate. Super nostalgic. (Though I swear the eggs taste the best and I have no idea why). Having something like that for keto made me so happy! Let me get to the nitty gritty about this super tasty treat.
- Availability. Lily’s brand is in most, if not all major grocery chains at this point. Super great for people on lower carb lifestyles.
- Two flavor options: Dark and Milk “style”.
- Serving size is a full package and not just one cup, and only 2 Net Carbs per package!
- Pricing. It can flux a bit, but for a keto snack they are usually between $1.50 and 2.50 USD. Not terrible at all
- Taste. It is not the same as a Reese Cup, definitely a deeper flavor and a bit more on the mature side. Some coffee undertones that are good but not for everyone.
- The taste! I know I also called it a pro, but it DOES taste like coffee and the peanut butter is second. That is a turn off for a lot of people. It taste dark even for the “milk chocolate style”
- Some Stevia aftertaste that is not the best.
- Inconsistency. I have had some that are like powdery and I think that is from shipping to the store, but it is something to beware of.
- No wrappers around the cup. Reese may have a patent on that honestly, no idea, but if it starts to melt at all its a disaster in there.
Bottom line: Would I recommend these?
Yes. I would. It definitely helps with that craving that may arise. Lily’s is one of the premier chocolates for Keto dieters with reason. No maltitol, no xylitol, or any of those other sugar alcohols that make you sick to your stomach and still spike your blood sugar either! If you love real chocolate flavor these hit the spot, and are fairly priced.
Let me know if you like them, and what you think!