This may be my new holy grail. I may need a whole redesign for my front review page because it really is that amazing. There are some steps that you need to take and it is not a just pull out and munch snack but is it worth it? Hell YES. 100%
Ok, so it’s ice cream? Like real ice cream?
Yes! This is the closest thing to real ice cream you can get on a low carb diet. It is not icy like a lot of the other options. If you tried Enlightened, Halo Top, or things of the like you know what I mean. I can throw reviews up for them at a later time. They are good but they are a little “Watered down” and have a quality like creamy flavored ice even softer. This is much much better in everyway. Full fat, rich, luscious and now “low calorie” just low carb like it should be.
- It does not use maltitol or those other sugar alcohols that are just sneaky blood sugar spikers.
- It tastes like real ice cream, honestly. The first ingredient is CREAM.
- Texture is very good, and the chocolate they use is good quality in all the chocolate ones that I tried. There is a caveat that you need to let it sit for a while first (up to 1 hour) or microwave for 30 seconds after I remove the foil.
- So many options for flavors! I will break down and review the ones I tried individually in a follow up later this week. I bought all of them from my local grocery specifically for this! Their website has a ton of options that my local Kroger doesn’t!
- The carbs on the front are not deceptive. They tell you for the PINT and say it is NET carbs. Some sneak in low carb per “serving” and it ends up upwards of 20+ for a pint.
- Nutrition is pretty good considering it is ice cream.
- You can’t just open the freezer and eat it. It does take some time to sit out. I like mine melty so an hour!
- Price. $6.99 US for a pint at my local Kroger. That is a lot, but if you can refrain from a whole pint at once it is only 2.33 a serving, less than a scoop at an ice cream shop.
- Not good for vegans or dairy sensitive.
Bottom line on this? BUY IT. If you love Ice Cream and can eat Dairy this is a winner. The best on the market in terms of taste and clean ingredients.
I am going to link to my flavor break down here in the next few days. I will also have a recipe for a chicken alfredo casserole soon! Thank you to those who find my blog, read and support me. I am 3 days back on track for ketosis and the flu is killing me but I am motivated by the few people I can help.